Sunday, June 1, 2008

And another blogger is born...gadzooks.

I never thought that I would blog. I love reading them, but I never thought I would join the party--I'm more the people watching type than the jumping-in-and-joining-the-fun type. Honesty alert: I now blog because I have written a book, am in the process of getting an agent and hopefully getting said book published, and most of my fellow writers advise that a blog is a great tool for "getting yourself out there."

That said, I do think I have things of value to say beyond the mundane musings of the everyday at-home mom, but then again, I think there is value in even mundane musings. Where would we be if such folks as Mark Twain, Henry David Thoreau, and Walt Whitman didn't share their musings, or, heaven forbid, they were never written down?

I am not comparing myself to these greats...not at all. But at the time, I doubt they compared themselves to their favorites either.

"Loyalty to petrified opinions never yet broke a chain or freed a human soul."--Mark Twain

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So, I should have read this post before reading the excerpt...so ignore my "keep writing" I was thinking that it was still a WIP. Congrats on finishing and lots of luck on the agent search! :)